Thursday, February 3, 2011

John Edward Rhine Jr. is my official tittle, but I go by my middle name Ed, Eddie, or Edward.

            I am from San Diego, and I have lived in every part of America's finest city.  I have lived in Clairmont, University City, Tierrasanta, National City, Logan Heights, El Cajon, and currently San Marcos.  I went to school in the first three towns I lived in and finally finished my K-12 education at a probationary school, where i decided to test out of high school.  I then attended Mesa collage, Grossmont and Quiamaca, and finally Palomar, until I transferred here.
           I am technologically paranoid. I saw The Matrix one too may times.  I do own a computer, but I do not have a cell phone or television, and I only joined Facebook about a month ago.
           I did not read the mission statement prior to applying to CSUSM, therefore it did not have any influence in my decision to apply.  I really appreciate the progressive nature of the mission statement, and it's stated goal of harboring an environment of equality in education.  The part that really speaks to me is their goal of fostering life-long education.  Far too often school are so concerned about aptitude tests and graduation, that they loose sight of education for educations sake.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats pretty cool to hear that you've traveled a lot! and sweet picture effect by the way! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy,

    I like your candidness and assessment of what the problem with education right now is; it reminds me of a question a politician, whose identity escapes me at he moment, posed and that is: are American students good learners, or just good test-takers?

    ReplyDelete