Friday, March 4, 2011

Journal #2- Join The Flock & Enhance Your Twitter Experiance (NETS I, III, IV, & V

Ferguson, H. (2010). Join the flock!. Learning and Leading, 37(8), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-february-march-2011.aspx
McClintock Miller, S. (2010). Enhance your twitter experience. Learning and Leading, 37(8), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-february-march-2011.aspx


Being that I am a person who does not have a cell phone, I have to admit that twitter was a completely foreign concept to me going into these articles.  I did not even know enough about what it was to be one of those people who hate it.  These articles do a good job not only explaining how to go about maintaining and navigating a twitter feed, it also does a good job explaining why I would care to know how to maintain and operate a twitter feed. The first article is a little intimidating, in that she talks about how much upkeep or activity is required to get value from being a twitter-er.  I can definitely see using it once I am a teacher and wanting to network and develop teaching strategies.  The second article had a lot of good tip, I really liked the definitions, or twitter twerminology as it is so tritely referred to as.  I also had no idea twitter could twranslate foreign languages. The personal learning network, or PLN, does seem like a great tool for getting at good learning resources.  Trying to search at random on the internet will waist a lot of time that a PLN could save you, because everyone knows of some cool website that someone else has never heard of.  At the end of the second article she talks about something called a bookmarklet.  That sounds like a great way to keep track of all this educational technology.  
Question: Now that you know about twitter, do you see yourself using this in the future?

Answer: I would possibly use it in the future, but realistically, by the time I am ready to build a PLN network, there should be another more innovative internet tool available.
Question:  What do you think about twitter?

Answer:   It seems like a great tool, but a little bit time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment